Panasonic Solutions Company upgraded the Panasonic Toughbook C1 12.1-inch convertible tablet PC. The version comes equipped with a 320GB base hard drive, up to 12 hours of battery life, 2GB RAM (expandable to 8GB) and an increased Intel Core i5-2520M vPro processor (2.50GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz). In addition, the Toughbook C1’s start-up time is approximately 30 percent faster1 compared to the previous model. The Toughbook C1 convertible tablet form factor is ideal for road warriors and mobile workers in a variety of environments including healthcare, education and field sales.
The upgraded Toughbook C1 maintains its embedded wireless connectivity, including Bluetooth v2.1 and optional Qualcomm’s Gobi2000 3G mobile broadband technology. The device is certified on the AT&T, Sprint and Verizon Wireless 3G networks, allowing workers to stay connected virtually all of the time. Additionally, the Toughbook C1 has IntelCentrino Advanced-N 6205 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, offering improved connectivity options for mobile workers.
At 3.28 pounds the lightweight Toughbook C1 with the triple-hinge design is created for a highly mobile workforce. The laptop is able to withstand drops from approximately 30” and comes with a battery life of twelve hours (with optional second battery) - enabled by a hot-swappable twin battery design. The ‘hand-free’ ergonomic “strap and dome” cradle is designed for customer comfort and long-term use. The Toughbook C1 also has a spill-resistant keyboard, which protects against liquid spills of about 6 ounces. The device’s 12.1-inch widescreen WXGA 1280 x 800 display is available with a choice of multi touch and digitizer screen or gloved multi touch screen and an anti-glare screen treatment.
Panasonic Toughbook C1: Key Upgraded Features
- Genuine Windows 7 Professional 32-bit or 64-bit
- Intel Core i5-2520M vPro Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz)
- 320GB 7200rpm shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive with quick-release
- RAM (varies by model)
- Multi touch + digitizer: 4GB RAM (DDR3-1333MHz), expandable to 8GB
- Gloved multi touch: 2GB RAM (DDR3-1333MHz), expandable to 6GB
- Hot-swappable twin battery design
- 6 hour battery life (12 hour with optional second battery)
- 3.28 lbs (3.73 lbs with optional second battery)
- SDXC card slot
- Embedded Connectivity
- Wi-Fi , Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 802.11a/b/g/n
- Optional Integrated Features:
- 1.3MP webcam
- 128 solid state drive (SSD)
1 Based on Panasonic testing, results may vary. With HDD, Quick Boot Manager and factory operating system image.