DataFetch Corp.'s Scan and See wireless scanner/display product, now integrated with InterActMobile (formerly BioKey MobileCop), gives law enforcement officers the ability to quickly scan a driver's license barcode information and receive status information in seconds while at the driver's door, without having to return to the patrol car and manually type the information into the patrol car computer/MDT. This not only prevents data entry errors, but also eliminates the vulnerable period for the officer having to "walk back" to the patrol car to verify license information.
The DataFetch Scan and See is housed in a rugged pocket size package that features simple single button operation for scanning standard 2D driver's license barcodes. Data is transmitted via a secure encrypted wireless communication link at distances of up to 300 feet to the patrol car computer. Power is provided by two standard AA batteries that last up to 4 months under normal use.
In addition to input barcode scanning, an integral backlit LCD display on the device clearly indicates various status codes of the scanned license as returned from the patrol car computer, including: License Active/Expired/Suspended/Revoked, Outstanding Warrant (felony or misdemeanor),Stolen Vehicle, or Stolen Plate, and battery level and communication connect states. This unique combination of data input scanning and the immediate display of results in the officer's hand sets the Scan and See apart from conventional barcode scan-only devices.
The DataFetch Scan and See connects to any Windows-based computer via the CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System) protocol utilizing the included software interface.
- Quickly Scans and transmits all standard PDF417/2D barcodes on driver's licenses.
- Enter data quickly with no typing errors.
- Large integral LCD display indicates warrant status, stolen vehicle/plate, active or expired license/registration, or suspended or revoked license/registration.
- No need to return to the patrol unit computer - scan and see status at the suspect's door, In Seconds!
- Securely linked to the patrol car computer.
- Transmits and receives data at distances up to 300 feet.
- Small 4.85 inches by 3.3 inches by 1.36 inches - easily fits in palm, shirt, or pants pocket.
- Moving violation traffic stops
- DUI and speed control checkpoints
- In-building searches and verification
- Accident scene license verification
- Crowd access control and screening