PIPS Technology's ALPR solution is now portable. Taking advantage of the already compact and high performance Slate camera system, PIPS has packaged its SupeRex processor into an compact package for easy deployment and portability.
The SupeRex IIIP is a turn-key ALPR processor packaged in a ruggedized and EMIshielded brushed aluminum case. Operational within minutes, the SupeRex IIIP can support up to (4) Slate dual-channel (color and infrared) ALPR cameras, attached to the vehicle with PIPS' easy-to-use clip or magnet mounts. A simple network cable connects the system to a laptop or Mobile Data Computer (MDC) running PAGIS in-car system software interface. The System is fully compatible with PIPS' Back Office
System Software (BOSS) for investigations, data mining and interagency data sharing.
The System provides high volume, accurate, license plate capture at speeds of up to 160 mph. Capable of capturing thousands of plates every hour, the System utilizes PIPS advanced Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to read the plate and perform instant plate checks against specified databases, (NCIC Stolen, Felony Warrants, Amber Alerts, local hot lists, scofflaws, etc) with immediate alerts to the officer of any "hits".
- Deployable in minutes on almost any vehicle
- Allows for rapid response to special operations where dedicated vehicles may not be available
- Improved officer efficiency as the System enables the officer to check thousands of license plates per hour
- Enhanced officer safety by providing officers with better awareness of their surroundings and of vehicles
- Elimination of profiling claims as the System looks at every vehicle regardless of the condition or the driver
- Improved enforcement and public safety through the automated identification of more suspect vehicles
- Enhanced investigations through use of collected data in PIPS' Back Office System Software (BOSS)