The Beretta Xplor underwent 3 years of development, 8,000 hours of engineering, 2,000 hours of testing and more than 100,000 rounds fired through prototypes and production models. The 3 1/2-inch 12 gauge Beretta Xplor shoots all types of 12 gauge shells with uncompromised performance, yet it weighs one pound less than other 3 1/2-inch 12 gauge shotguns.
The A400 Xplor integrates the following technologies:
- Unico, providing uncompromised performance, with every type of 12 gauge shell (24g - 64g, 2 3/4-inch to 3 1/2-inch shells).
- Kick-off3, a third hydraulic damper added inside the stock bolt further reduces recoil and mechanical stress.
- Blink, a new piston elastic band cleans the internal part of the cylinder and prevents gas from exiting the valve, while the new seal system allows half the gas inside compared to older gas operated models.
- Steelium, these barrels are made from steel meeting Beretta specifications and forging process.
- Green Receiver, Beretta has developed new technology that allows for new colors without compromising the corrosion resistance properties of the process.