Mimosa NearPoint addresses the growing volumes of e-mail, files and SharePoint content, with its next-generation e-mail, file system, and SharePoint archiving platform. It combines archiving and recovery in one unified solution, with no impact and re-architecture of production content systems.
Each NearPoint module - NearPoint for Exchange, NearPoint for SharePoint, and NearPoint for File System Archiving (FSA) - is available as a stand-alone product or as part of an integrated suite. Easily customizable for what is right for your organization.
The platform is enhanced by applications for eDiscovery, Content Monitoring, Retention and Classification, PST Management, Tiered Storage Management, and Disaster Recovery. Mimosa provides an SDK for partners to deliver applications on the Mimosa platform.
Mimosa NearPoint for Exchange Email Archiving - Complete Email Capture with Zero Footprint
- * Incorporates an innovative data capture method called Continuous Application Shadowing that utilizes Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and Exchange transaction log shipping to log files the instant they are committed to disk and stores them "off-host" on NearPoint. It's an application-intelligent process that also blocks corruption from the back-up copy. All email content is extracted from the log files off-host, where it is indexed and stored with single-instance storage. There is zero footprint on the production Exchange environment - a huge benefit for IT
- * Ensures COMPLETE capture - not just sent and received messages, but calendar items, tasks, contacts, item histories, etc.
- * Multiple capture methods, including MAPI, journaling, continuous application shadowingTM (log shipping)
- * Flexible and granular retention management, by user, AD group, folder, message, and even content
- * Provides Exchange back-up and recovery in a single solution with archiving
Mimosa NearPoint for File Systems Archiving - Automated File System Management
- * Easily scan file shares and capture files based on archival policies (e.g. size, date)
- * Full-text index all archived content and de-duplicate across multiple file shares, as well as across messages, attachments, and archived SharePoint content for true global, single-instancing
- * Optionally, replace content on the file system with stubs in order to reap storage cost savings and ease file system back-up processes; unlike first-generation solutions, NearPoint utilizes advanced stubbing technology that optimizes use of network resources and storage during stub recall operations
Mimosa NearPoint for SharePoint - Archiving and Recovery in a Single Solution
- * Provides a comprehensive solution to managing SharePoint data with integrated archiving, recovery, and eDiscovery
- * Combines both archiving and recovery while maintaining easy end-user access to information
- * Offers Item-level recovery and coarse-grained (full environment) recovery
- * Provides full fidelity SharePoint data capture available - capture all content types and associated metadata and attachments, perform continuous capture via Change Notification, and preserve the relationships between sites and content
- * Manages the retention and disposition of SharePoint content across the archive in accordance with organizational policies