Zero Motorcycles launched of its all-new 2013 Zero Police and Security line-up. In 2012, the highly popular Zero DS Police Motorcycle led the market as the only law enforcement product offering by Zero, but 2013 will see both the Zero S and Zero DS outfitted for law enforcement and security details. Appropriately titled the Zero S Police/Security and Zero DS Police/Security, both were developed specifically for police and security agencies. Zero Motorcycles set out to offer two distinct models this year because the company saw a significant increase in demand for street and dual sport police motorcycles on a global level with many Asian, European and South American countries taking interest. North America continues to be in high demand as well. After launching the 2012 Zero DS Police Motorcycle, many law enforcement agencies have now had the model in the field for more than a year and demand continues to rise for the popular motorcycle. Law enforcement agencies have found the motorcycle to be incredibly reliable, maneuverable and economically feasible. Zero continues to work directly with a variety of international law enforcement, security and military agencies. This new model is the result of these collaborative efforts.
Law enforcement agencies continue to be one of Zero’s fastest growing segments. In 2012, Zero worked with the Monterey Police Department, Santa Cruz Police Department, San Jose State University Police Department, Scotts Valley Police Department and the largest law enforcement agency in London, England – the London Metropolitan Police, to allow for thorough field-testing and review. Zero has also provided Zero DS Police Motorcycles for corporate security details as well (company’s identities remain anonymous).
2013 Zero Police/Security Motorcycle – Base Model
- 2013 Zero S or Zero DS: Power pack option of ZF8.5 or ZF11.4, Color option of black or white
- Whelen TIR-3 forward facing LEDs (Red/Blue or Amber)
- Whelen TIR-3 front facing LEDs (Red/Blue or Amber)
- Whelen TIR-3 rear facing LEDs (Red/Blue or Amber)
- Emergency lighting harness
- Programmable Whelen siren system with PA and microphone
- Front battery/frame protection bars
- 4-way emergency flasher system
- Head light/tail light cut switch and harness
- Side mounted rear top-load 21 liter hard cases (black) with mounts
- Rear top box (black) large with rack
- Rear top box (white) L415xW300xH300mm
- Rear top box (white) L280xW200xH80mm
- Detachable wind screen (medium)
- Quick charge kit with adapter
- Upgrade siren with plug-in PS microphone
- White or gloss black hard case covers/lids
- Auxiliary rear LED brake/tail light with license plate
- Aluminum hand guards with spoilers
- Telescoping pole light with blue LED/mounts/harness
The 2013 police and security motorcycles are built off the platforms of the all-new 2013 Zero S and Zero DS. Both models are 93 percent more powerful, generate 62 percent more torque and yield 10 percent greater city range as compared against the equivalent 2012 models. The dual sport configuration is able to travel 121 miles (city), or 74 miles (55 mph highway), on a single charge. The street configuration is able to travel 132 miles (city), or 83 miles (55 mph highway) on a single charge. Both motorcycles have incredible range and performance. Using a new optional CHAdeMO charging accessory, the models can be re-charged to 95 percent at a charging station in an hour or less. Featuring Zero Motorcycles’ completely new Z-Force motor and higher-voltage power system, both motorcycles deliver instant acceleration that is both impressive and, without ever needing to shift, incredibly smooth. This sophisticated, yet elegantly simple, power delivery system allows riders to take on more challenging terrain or road conditions by eliminating peripheral inconveniences such as clutching or shifting. The brushless motor is sealed to ensure longevity and operates with such high efficiency that it requires no mechanical cooling systems whatsoever.