Experience the civilian-legal semi-auto only version of the rifle chosen by U.S. Special Operations Command as its first new rifle since the early 1960's. The SCAR 16S is chambered in 5.56X45mm NATO (223 Rem.) while the SCAR 17S (pictured) fires the 7.62X51mm NATO (308 Win.) cartridge. The innovative gas-operated, short stroke piston system reduces fouling for greater reliability. The side folding polymer stock is fully adjustable for comb height and length of pull and is colored authentic USSOCOM Flat Dark Earth. Both 10 and 30-round detachable box magazines(DBM) are available, and the ambidextrous operating controls instantly adapt the SCAR S-Series to any user.
The SCAR 17S will include a durable, lockable, waterproof Hardigg Storm hard side case that is ideal for storage and transportation along with a certificate of authenticity attesting that it is part of the initial production run marking the introduction of the FN SCAR 17S in the U.S.A.
The semi-automatic FN SCAR 17S is a modular, lightweight, semi-automatic rifle with exceptional reliability and durability. It features:
- A free floating, cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC barrel with a hard-chromed bore;
- An innovative gas-operated, short stroke piston system for fouling reduction and improved reliability;
- Fully ambidextrous operating controls that allow adaptability for left and right hand users;
- A receiver-integrated MIL-STD 1913 optical rail plus three accessory rails to allow use of a wide variety of tactical lights and lasers;
- A side-folding, polymer stock that is adjustable for comb height and length of pull;
- 7.62 x 51 mm (308 WIN.) cartridge chambering;
- A choice of 10 or 20-round magazines;
- Authentic USSOCOM flat dark earth finish; and
- A barrel length of 16.25-inches and weight of 8 pounds
The SCAR 17S makes an ideal platform for the Heavy Metal Divisions in various three-gun shooting venues as well as U.S. Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) sanctioned events.