- Zetron has partnered with Sprint to develop two interfaces that will connect Zetron’s MAX Dispatch system and Series 4000 to Sprint’s newest Code-Division Multiple Access (CDMA) push-to-talk (PTT) offering, Sprint Direct Connect (SDC). The new interfaces will not only offer Sprint users the benefits of the Zetron systems, but will also help Sprint customers migrate smoothly and easily from the Sprint iDEN network to the SDC service. In addition to supporting new SDC systems, the interfaces will also support existing iDEN systems that require an upgrade of certain channels to SDC to provide interoperability. The development of these interfaces is timely because Sprint is decommissioning their iDEN network, a process that may be completed as soon as mid-2013. Although this will require iDEN users to move to the new SDC service, they will benefit from the SDC service’s improved voice quality and faster data speeds as well as its familiar PTT features.
Zetron’s Series 4000 SDC interface will provide important benefits to iDEN customers who are using the Series 4000 console and must migrate to the SDC network. These include:
- iDEN-style operations and features that help make the transition to the SDC network seamless.
- The ability to patch iDEN channels to SDC channels as users migrate from one system to the other.
- Channel-patching that is as easy to use as it is on an iDEN system.
- A cost-effective solution that eliminates the need for Series 4000 users to replace their entire console simply because they must migrate to the new SDC network.