iStar® was designed for rapid 360º imaging, and can precisely captures 360º full spherical images and high resolution panoramic video streams for efficient visual documentation of an environment.
iSTAR® is rugged, lightweight and has a small footprint making it easy to transport and deploy. With zero set up time, iSTAR does not require photographic experience to operate. With one-button capture, it’s fast and easy-to-use either indoors or outdoors.
iSTAR IS A FULLY AUTOMATIC, HIGH RESOLUTION, RUGGEDIZED IMAGING SYSTEM THAT CAPTURES FULL 360 DEGREE SPHERICAL IMAGES OR VIDEO OF A LOCATION INSTANTLY AND ACCURATELY.
iSTAR has 4 calibrated sensors delivering a 50MPixel full spherical accurate image with excellent high dynamic range. iSTAR is fast at capturing images with typical capture times of 2 to 3 seconds. Typically 80 to 100 panoramas can be captured on one battery charge. This can be increased to over 600 when using the optional external battery allowing you to capture throughout the full day. Processing and stitching the images is also fast. The desktop application Immersive Studio, which is supplied with iSTAR, can batch stitch images in seconds. Full 360º video can also be processed in a matter of minutes.
iSTAR is available in two models, FUSION and PULSAR‚ both of which capture the full spherical environment. PULSAR offers extended capabilities over FUSION, including 360º video capture at high frame rates with live full immersive video preview, and fast capture for mobile mapping and surveillance applications. An Infrared (IR) iSTAR version is available for capturing both panoramic images and 360º video in zero light conditions.
iSTAR is extensively used by the police forces in UK for accident investigations. The accident statistics show:
- 83% of goods travel by road
- Serious injury caused every 2.8hrs
- Congestion costs the economy £3bn p/a, 25% is caused by incidents.
- A three lane motorway (freeway) closed for four hours costs several million pounds in lost time.
- 80,000 incidents on motorway lanes each year.
- On average, using laser scanners saves 39 minutes on investigation time per incident.
- Tests show that using iSTAR saves on average 60 minutes on investigation time per incident.
- Rapid image capture; capturing images take approx. 2 to 3 seconds
- Integrated WIFI, GPS,compass and tilt sensors
- Easy-to-use with one button push to operate
- Capture 360º still images and video
- Generates GIS map positions from captured images or video
- Seamless integration of images into third party applications
- Totally mobile; capture over 600 images on one charge using optional external battery
- Automatic HDR
- 2 iSTAR models: Fusion for capturing still images, Pulsar for 360º video and optional IR for no light or low light conditions
- Live remote control with full immersive view from tablet PC over WiFI
- Fast “real-time”stitching of images
- Can be vehicle mounted or inverted for surveillance and remote monitoring
- Visual documenting of a location in minutes and not hours (heritage sites, hotels and hospitality businesses, etc)
- Complete monitoring and recording of locations for security applications
- Crime scene capture for law enforcement, police force and forensic
- Defense applications for remote battlefield command and control
- UAV remote control
- Industrial imaging for inspection and control, including QA and safety
- Hazardous environment inspection and monitoring