NEWARK, NJ (January 21, 2014) – Panasonic, a provider of industry leading document management and imaging solutions, announced today its new KV-S5076H and KV-S5046H departmental document scanners. Designed to meet the low-volume production and departmental scanning needs of users in a variety of industries, the new scanners offer advanced document capture and time-saving functionalities. Additionally, the devices benefit users by optimizing scanning workflows, reducing back-office labor costs, and increasing the security of highly-sensitive information.
The maximum daily duty cycle of 35,000 (KV-S5076H) and 25,000 (KV-S5046H) and large 300-sheet Automatic Document Feeder, coupled with Panasonic's industry-leading durability and multi-sensor ToughFeed technology, mixed-document paper feed mechanism make the new scanners an optimal choice for applications in healthcare, legal, finance, insurance and government. Specific use cases include medical record scanning; discovery and case management; financial documents and loan applications; and judicial records and court documents.
“Businesses today are under pressure to streamline operations, improve productivity and at the same time save on the bottom line,” said Joseph Odore, Product Manager for Imaging Solutions, Panasonic. “With the introduction of the new KV-S5076H and KV-S5046H scanners, we’ve made significant enhancements that help workers save time as they process paperwork; confirming our commitment to engineering reliable solutions that meet our customers’ needs.”
The new scanners are equipped with innovative paper feeding technologies to prevent common issues associated with mixed documents scanning such as:
- ToughFeed: *Stapled Document Detection, Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection, Intelligent Feed Control and High Quality Feed Rollers ensure a smooth supply of paper into the scanner for efficient scanning.
- *Mechanical Deskew: Physically adjusts and corrects the skew of documents before scanning by the paper feed mechanism to reduce the need for rescans.
- *Paper Ejection Control: Paper exit roller reduces the speed of ejected paper and aligns it to prevent paper jams or the loss of originals.
- Hardware Image Processing: Performs image enhancements and prevents scanning speed degradation by maintaining workflow efficiency at 300 and 200 dpi.
The devices also continue support of Panasonic’s innovative Image Capture Plus software for intuitive, control of complex scanning and filing processes.
- Auto-Preview / Auto-Rescan: Automatically produces nine different versions of a scanned document and displays them as thumbnails. Users select the most suitable image with a single click with no time loss. Similarly, users can adjust the quality of an image via the thumbnails without having to rescan the original thereby saving time and improving productivity.
- Notification Function: Automatically detects problems with scanned images including binary/color, binary image, blank page and unique page detection using four notification functions and displays warning icons using Panasonic Image Capture Plus software.
Additional productivity features include Automatic Glass Cleaning, *Self Cleaning Ionizer, and *One Touch Scanning for up to 100 programmable scanning workflows. The new devices feature scanning speeds of 100 ppm[i] or 80 ppm[ii] and are capable of scanning a variety of documents, including long and mixed paper.