Congratulations To Our Officer.com 10th Anniversary Prize Winners
Grand Prize: Trooper Michael Butler
Won: Ruger SR45 + Truck Vault Solo-Vault 1911 + $100 Gift card for DeSantis Gunhide
First Prize: Officer James McCarty
Won: NightStick TAC-450 Rechargeable Flashlight + $100 AmEx Gift Card from L-Tron
Second Prize: Sgt. Brian Tupa
Won: $100 Gift Card from WatchGuard for Cabela’s + $100 AmEx Gift Card from SRN1000
Third Prize: Officer Brandon Rock
Won: $100 Gift Card for GT Distributors
Thanks to our sponsors for donating great prizes as part of our 10th anniversary celebration.
It’s our way of saying thank you for your continued support to the most active online community in law enforcement.
Officer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway Promotion Rules 2013
- The Officer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway is sponsored by Cygnus Business Media, Inc., 1233 Janesville Avenue, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. Entrants in the Officer.com 10th Anniversary giveaway promotion must be sworn Law Enforcement professionals who are registered users of Officer.com.
- Only one entry per registration.
- To enter the promotion, if the entrant is not already a registered user of Officer.com, the entrant must complete the electronic registration form found onthe Officer.com website and submit that form electronically no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on October 31, 2013 (“Entry Deadline”). No other method of entry will be accepted. Cygnus’ computer is the official timekeeping device. Cygnus is not responsible for entries that are corrupted or otherwise not received correctly or for any other problems or technical malfunctions that result in the failure of an entry to be correctly and promptly transmitted to Cygnus. Cygnus is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received prior to the Entry Deadline. Determination of the winners shall be made by Cygnus and/or its agents in their sole and absolute discretion, and such determination shall be final and binding. Should a winner be determined to be ineligible for any reason, Cygnus reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to determine an alternate winner at any time after the original drawing. Any alternate drawing is subject to scheduling by Cygnus without prior notice to any entrant. Odds of winning depend on the actual number of entries received prior to the Entry Deadline.
- Winners will be notified by Cygnus by November 15, 2013, via telephone, e-mail and/or U.S. mail using the contact information provided to Cygnus at the time of entry (“Winner Notification”). Cygnus will have no liability for any Winner Notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the winner for any reason. Each winner must be a legal US resident 18 years of age or older at the time the winning entry was submitted, and must provide a valid driver's license or official state identification in order to claim their prize(s).
- There is no limit on the number of prizes an entrant may win.
- A list of the prizes, the company sponsoring the prize (“Prize Sponsor”), and the approximate retail value of the prize can be found on the Officer.com website. Federal, state, and local laws, restrictions and regulations may limit or prohibit the transfer, sale, prize distribution, carry or use of certain prizes.
- *Any winner of certificate to purchase a firearm prize (“Certificate”) must conform to all local, state, and federal regulations as applicable and must make arrangements for delivery of the purchased firearm with an appropriate federally licensed firearms dealer as required by state and federal law. In the event a winner of a Certificate’s purchase or ownership of the firearm would be in violation of federal, state, or local law, said Certificate will be forfeited and no substitution will be provided. The Prize Sponsor of the Certificate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations related to the sale or transfer of the firearm purchased with the Certificate, Cygnus having no responsibility or liability with respect to the same.
- Prizes will be delivered to winners directly by the Prize Sponsor. Prizes are provided in “as is” condition without warranty of any kind, express or implied. No replacements will be provided regardless of the condition of the prize at delivery. CYGNUS, THE PRIZE SPONSOR, AND THEIR AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution, exchange or cash redemption of a prize is permitted. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize and other expenses related to the prize, including but not limited to registration, title, license fees, transfer fees, and all other unspecified costs associated with claiming, registering and/or using any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Cygnus shall have no liability or responsibility with respect to fulfillment, shipment, delivery, or condition of any prize.
- Each winner must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Waiver releasing Officer.com, Law Enforcement Product News, Law Enforcement Technology, Cygnus Business Media, Inc., and the Prize Sponsor, of all liability associated with the Officer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway promotion by the date listed in the Winner Notification in order to claim their prize(s).
- Employees of Cygnus or any Prize Sponsor(s), their immediate family members (spouses and siblings, children and parents and their spouses, regardless of where they live), and members of their households (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate.
- Cygnus reserves the right to disqualify any entry. Disqualification of a winner may result from any of the following: (i) the winner’s refusal or inability to accept the prize won; (ii) the winner’s failure to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Waiver, and Publicity Release by the deadline in the Winner Notification; (iii) the return of a Winner Notification as undeliverable; or (iv) any other non-compliance with these Rules.
- A list of winners will be posted on the Officer.com website by November 15th, 2013.
- No purchase or paid subscription is necessary to win. Purchase of or paid subscription to any Cygnus-related publications does not increase chances of winning.
- Cygnus reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Officer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway promotion in the event that the Giveaway promotion is unable to run as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection of Cygnus’ computer(s) by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, and any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Officer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway promotion.
- By participating in the Officer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway promotion, entrants agree to abide by these Rules and to release, discharge, and hold Cygnus, the Prize Sponsors, and their employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Officer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway promotion or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage. Cygnus reserves the right to modify or amend these Rules at any time and from time to time, without notice.
- Entrants agree that: (1) all disputes, claims, and causes of action, arising out of or in connection with the Officer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway promotion shall be resolved individually, without class action, and that any judicial proceeding shall take place in the state or federal courts in the state of Wisconsin; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs incurred in entering the Officer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway promotion, but not including attorneys’ fees; and (3) entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages and rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- TheOfficer.com 10th Anniversary Giveaway promotion shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Wisconsin. Void in Florida and where prohibited or restricted by law.